Sunday, November 8, 2009

30 min. shopping

It is possible. 30 min. shopping can actually be done. Of course it was just for groceries but I will say that I am very proud of myself for being able to accomplish this. Almost every fridays now I go and do my grandmas grocery shopping. Since her and my grandpa do better at home, I am ok with doing this. :)

Well this past Friday I had to take my grandpa to the eye doctor. My grandma has to go too because my grandpa would not do to well if he was alone. So when we got there she told me to take some letters to the post office and run by the bank. I was like ok that is fine. Kill two birds with one stone. I had asked the lady at the front desk of the doctors how long the appointment would be, she replied " about half an hour." So I went and took the mail and hit up the bank. Well that only took up maybe five minutes. So I had the shopping list in my purse and I told myself i am going to try and hurry and get this done. If i take longer than twenty minutes I am just going to have to leave and come back because I didn't want my grandparents waiting on me.

So I zoomed into Thriftees with list in hand. Went up and down isles getting the necessary items. I was constantly looking at my phone to make sure what the time was. I was doing pretty well. I had most the items and I had only been in there for 10 mins. YES. Ok. only a few more items. Then of course you run into someone you know and have to wait for the person in front of you to check out. At this point I was booking it. Everything was loaded in the car and I left. When I had pulled up at the doctors I looked at my phone and it had been exactly 30 mins. HOOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYYY! As I opened the door my grandparents were just walking out of the doctors office. I was super proud of myself. I dropped my grandparents off, sent mail off, deposited money, went groceries shopping all within 30 mins. WOW! I just have to say thanks to my grandma for having everything written down or else this would not have happened.

So for all you out there. Just book it into stores and make sure you stick to the list and it will not take long to shop!

3 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

Way to go Les!!! 30 minutes is hard to do all of that. I'm proud of you:) There your background is changed. Nothing fancy, but get me some pics and we'll fix up better.

payneful life said...

Yeah I was WAY surprised when you got back so quickly. WAY TO GO!

csrussell said...

wow thats good. there is no way I could do that especially with kids.:)