Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hawaii is the most amazing place I have ever been. Absolutely magical. We arrived right when the trade winds started and left right when they stopped so the weather the whole two weeks was wonderful. I have never seen water as clear or as beautiful as the ones in Hawaii. Anyone who has been knows what I am talking about. All that don't, YOU NEED TO GO! Thank Heavens we had Rick and Amber to show us around the whole time and give us all the information we needed. The best tour guides ever:) Thank you so much for letting me stay with you guys. OH also I have to thank Brandi and Aaron because without them I would have not even had this opportunity. SO THANK YOU BOTH SO SO MUCH.
I would love to share everything that we did but it was two weeks worth of being in Hawaii so that might just be a bit much, so instead I will just give you a taste of what it is like with the pictures...
The day we got there. This is one of the lagoons that they have on Oahu.I am so sorry, I forgot the name of this place but it is where Jurassic Park was filmed. It is super windy up there and we headed up there right after Rick's Graduation so of course we were in dresses. There were a couple of times we might have got a little too close to the edge;0Inside the Bowfin. It was such a neat tour. I have so much more respect for submarines. Tough job. The crew slept right above and below the torpedos.the DOLE planation. YUMMMY! I have never really been very fond on the idea of Pineapple. I don't eat it much...or...EVER. Well you just have to try the Hawaiian Pineapple or that is like so disrespectful. So of course I tried it and it is SOOOOOO Delicious. The best I have ever had. Even the Pineapple Ice Cream was delicious. So refreshing.

Brandi and I on the U.S.S. Missouri. Hello Mighty MO!
THE TEMPLE. It was under construction but still a wonderful place to see.Like I said I am horrible with names and spelling and prouncing them BUT legend has it that this hole was made in one day. A large storm came and knocked it out. Pretty cool, eh?While we were at one of the beaches, Bellows, I got stung by a Portugese Man of war. Not fun. It wrapped around my arm three times, snapped my side and got my back. This is the best looking pictures. It is not a pleasant feeling. It stings and itches like crazy. Thank heavens the store had some remedy to get rid of the itching. This happened the third day I was there and the sting still showed up until the day I came home.



This is the BEAST.


I am proud. I became a snorkeler. This was at Hanauma Bay. It's something you have to get used to but is definately worth it. I was only out there for about 10-15 mins but AARON on the other hand was there for about an hour but he also had the opportunity to swim around with the turtles. LUCKY!

Leaving snorkelingTaryn at the Sandbar.Brandi and I at the fall where they film LOST. I don't know how to spell it. SorryThe beach in the background is the one that all of us swam to. Talk about accomplishment. This was taken after we swam there AND back. Triumph!



There are much, much more I could tell you about Hawaii and how fabulous it is but that would take forever, so instead I will simply leave you with this and hope you loved it just as much as I did. Hawaii is amazing!

No comments: